Wednesday, December 5, 2012

We Are Here On A Powerful Life Journey... Les Brown Inspiration

 
     We are all here on a journey and although each one of us seems to come from vastly different parts of the world truth is we have all come here to learn the same lessons. All things have been born for one reason and one reason only to live and while this sounds simple and even obvious far too many beings are born and die while few truly live. Les Brown who is an awesome motivational speaker stated  that we all are born with skills and talents and if we sit around and never do anything with them we take them to our grave with us.

He talks about his personal life like being born in abandoned building him and his twin brother,being  put up for adoption and getting adopted.his struggle thru life and being labeled a mentally retard but  he never allowed that to kill his dreams,his talents one of his favorites sayings is " Never let someone opinion of you determine your out-come". So many of us make excuses of our child hood and surroundings stating that's why we act a certain way or only have certain things but he shows us throughout his life that this is  far from being true.

Growing up I was the second child out of four to a mother who was in and out of prison for shoplifting. She later became a victim of substance abuse. This really helped me because the more I saw everything she did to us it made me become the the strong independent women I am today. By seeing these events it helped me make up in my mind that I would never travel down that path. By the grace of God Ive never chosen to steal anything nor have I picked up any habits that are damaging such as smoking a cigarette. Yes it could have been easy for me to fall into that life style but I made up in my mind at an early age that my child or children would never have to experience any situations because of my actions that could scar  them mentally growing up nor would I do anything that would prevent them from seeing me for extended periods of time. I understood that the world/streets would still be there but i was going to make sure any child of mine would have the opportunity of enjoying a normal childhood. I was going to be there for all plays, games, graduations, proms, and i have stood by my word.  You are not your body nor your mind. You are spirit..... your mind allows you to connect to spirit and your body allows you to physically feel spirit. Life is meant to be lived......we are not put here to live just to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment